As we progress into the New-Normal, we ought to be on the ball to respond to changes accordingly.
Here are some ways for you to keep your Foodservice operations safe and sound as we progress into the New-Normal.
- Rework workforce manning schedule, combining the best of both hybrids and split team arrangements to support operations.
- Redesign your kitchen processes and explore centralizing your food production to cut food waste and costs for your healthcare cluster and converting your valuable individual kitchen space to other use.
- Impose safe entry & physical distance dining in employees’ cafeteria with a more spread-out lunch and dinner period to avoid crowding.
- Demarcation of safe physical distance and mask-wearing for all employees in kitchen facility and disallow kitchen entry to all cross-deployed, unregistered and unvaccinated personnel.
- Redesign your food receiving & delivery area based on HACCP standards to minimize transmission carried by an infected person.
- Conduct regular ART tests and other health checks including Covid/Flu vaccination for all employees.
- Designate specific day/time for in-person meetings, collaboration, and kitchen inspection.
- Installation of HEPA-filter Air Cleaners to reduce potential airborne transmission.
- Installation of contactless handwashing stations with a mandated regular hand-washing regime for food handlers.
- Construction of adjustable food shields and use anti-microbial coated surfaces for high contact areas in the kitchen.
- Explore contactless food ordering to reduce a person to person infection.
With these measures in place, we can safely operate our Foodservices and protect each other from the spread of covid-19.